I have a testimony that my Heavenly Father is just and merciful. I believe that He is a perfect Father who loves each one of us. While consequences precede every action (laws must be obeyed), He has provided a way for mercy to save us. He wants us to progress, to learn, to enjoy life, to gain experience and knowledge, and He wants us to return to Him. He has also not left us entirely alone, thanks to the atonement.
I do believe this life is a time of learning. Every time I face a challenge, I try to remind myself that all things have a purpose. I may not ever know what the purpose is exactly, especially since things can impact us in many ways, but I do know that I must try to learn and know that I am given everything for my benefit. I try to remember that this life is not the goal. There is more.
I am grateful for all that I have gone through in life - sorrow and joy. Yes, I would love to see how things could be different, but I know I would still need to experience similar challenges either way so that I can learn what I need to.
I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment