When my testimony was still growing, I remember having this circle of thought that if one part of the church or the gospel was true the others had to also be true. I first gained a testimony of Joseph Smith as a prophet. If he was a true prophet, then the Book of Mormon must also be true. I prayed to know and gained my testimony that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are true. I then prayed to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was a true church - I received an answer that it was. And by the same process I came to know that the leaders of this church are truly guided and inspired by God. They are still men with imperfections, but I know that when they speak by the power of the Holy Spirit, they teach and warn in truth.
It is up to me to be sensitive to that Spirit to know what is true. I know that anyone who wants to know truth must sincerely ask God with hope that he or she will be answered and have an intent to act upon that answer. There are many times when I think it'd be easier to have some formula to prove truth of everything to everyone, but even while there is evidence, it is not the right way to truly learn the gospel. It requires faith and hope, which will inspire us to act in accordance to those truths.
I know God listens to our prayers and will answer them according to His will.
I love the gospel.
I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment